Last night my sister, my sister-in-law and my gorgeous friend Alison went to see Sex and The City 2. On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give it a 6. And here’s why:
* There was definitely not enough plot to have warranted a 2 and 1/2 hour running time (I believe that may be a direct quote from my sister, but I wholeheartedly agree).
* Although the fashion was at times drool-worthy (and I was sketching out patterns in my head for later), there were moments when it was just ridiculously over the top. For example, the ginormous straw hat she was wearing in the airplane scene was awful. Even on Sarah Jessica Parker, it was still awful. I can’t seem to find any pictures of it, sorry.
Examples of the good fashion, and what I was sketching out in my mind:
Some of the not-so-good fashion was (and don’t forget the big hat):
* Liza Minelli had a scene where she performed a wedding ceremony and did a cover of “All the Single Ladies”. Wow. She can barely speak because she has had so much plastic surgery but she can still rock it on stage. One of the best parts of the movie, in my opinion.
• Mr. Big was looking as handsome as ever. And Aidan makes an appearance, which was pretty cool.
• And the company I was with:
Thank for going with me ladies, as always it was a lot of fun!
I must go now, I have some patterning to figure out!